SOMATIC MOVEMENT EDUCATION
WITH SUDS SUTHERLAND
SUNDAY 10TH NOVEMBER 10.30AM – 3.30PM
This introductory half day workshop will explore:
– How chronic muscular tension is the cause of many of the aches and pains, stiffness and immobility that most of us suffer from daily
– How the nervous system responds to stresses and trauma organising the body into 3 reflexive patterns of holding this chronic muscular tension
– How the brain can reprogramme the muscles to release and lengthen and improve their function
– A few self-care movements that will allow you to have more awareness and control over this chronic muscular tension and therefore how your body functions
– You will learn the technique Hanna used to release the muscles safely without stretching
HANDS-ON ASSISTING TRAINING
DECEMBER 7TH – 9TH (SATURDAY – MONDAY) 9AM – 5PM
We’re so excited to be hosting an International Teacher at House of Yoga!
In this 3 day training you will:
- Deepen your own practice, knowledge of anatomy & alignment;
- If you’re a teacher, gain the confidence to truly see, assist & meet your students on their mats.
- Practice assists on each other and in public classes. Dylan will teach some public classes and give you the opportunity to practice Hands-on assists with his guidance.
Dylan initially found yoga in his quest for balance from the daily grind of a fast-paced corporate career. When he realised that yoga not only helped to heal his body of old injuries sustained from training towards the 2000 Olympic games; but also centred his mind and spirit, the rest as they say, is history.
A decade of teaching globally, founding the Hot Power Yoga (LLiV) studio where he led life transforming yoga teacher training programs, mentoring programs, workshops and classes in London as well as the ongoing commitment to his own personal and professional growth has culminated in Dylan becoming a leading yoga name in London. Dylan is a world class trainer of trainers who has mentored and trained several hundred teachers globally to bring out the best in their students, by beginning the transformation with themselves first.
Dylan also travels extensively to deliver teacher training programs and retreats across Europe, Sri Lanka & Bali. Every year Dylan delivers workshops and classes at yoga conferences where he challenges and inspires yogis to stretch and grow while having fun.
Whether it’s growing in your own personal practice, taking the next step towards becoming a certified teacher or embracing profound personal transformations in personalised sessions, Dylan’s expertise, passion and commitment might just be what you’re looking for to support, guide and challenge you towards achieving your personal best.