What is yoga?
Yoga has come a long way since the Beatles were introduced to Swami Vishnu-Devanada and made the practice popular in the west.
Yoga cultivates health and well-being (physical, emotional, mental and social) through the regular practice of a range of different techniques including postures, movement, breath awareness, breathing exercises, relaxation, concentration, self-inquiry and meditation.
- Muscle tone
- Joint Health
- Pain Prevention
- Better Breathing
- Mental Calmness
- Stress Reduction
- Body Awareness
Things to know for your first yoga session
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before class to register and settle in
- Please note that once the teacher has closed the door and the class has begun late arrivals are not granted entry into the class
- Please leave your shoes, bags and keys in the storage cubes or change room
- Footwear is not needed, wear light-weight non-constricting clothing
- Please make sure that your cell phone is turned off or silenced. No phones permitted in the studio
What class should I choose?
If you are brand new to yoga, any of our gentle yoga classes would be a great option – either Beginners, Slow Flow, Yin, Restorative or Flow.
What do I need for class?
- Yoga mat – BYO or available to rent for $1
- Towel – BYO or you can purchase at the studio boutique
- Water – we offer a filtered water cooler so bring your drink bottle
- A smile and open mind
- On site shower, toilet and change room
- Mat Rental
- Filtered water
- Plenty of parking located at the rear of the building