Vinyasa means to link breath with movement. In all our classes you’ll concentrate on your breath & keeping safe.
Yoga is for you. No one else. It is a nurturing, healing practice. It doesn’t matter what the pose looks like to others, to your teacher or even to yourself. How does it feel? We use the poses & our breath to get out of our heads and into our bodies. To become more present & calm.
Yoga cultivates health and well-being (physical, emotional & mental) through the regular practice of postures, movement, breathing exercises, concentration, self-inquiry, relaxation and meditation.
- Strength & Muscle tone
- Joint Health & stability
- Better Breathing
- Postural Alignment
- Mental Calmness
- Stress Reduction
- Body Awareness
Things to know for your first yoga class
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before class to register and settle in
- Please note that once the teacher has closed the door and the class has begun late arrivals are not granted entry into the class
- Please leave your shoes, bags and keys in the storage cubes or change room
- Wear light-weight non-constricting clothing & bare feet for class
- Please make sure that your cell phone is turned off or silenced. No phones permitted in the studio
Which class should I choose?
If you are brand new to yoga, any of our slow yoga classes would be a great option – either Vinyasa, Yin or Restorative.
What do I need for class?
- Yoga mat – Mat hire is included in our Intro Offer & casual class rate.
- Water – we offer a filtered water cooler so bring your drink bottle
- A smile and open mind
- On site shower, toilet and change room
- Mat Rental
- Filtered water
- Carparks – there are 13 spaces behind the building facing New World