NEW STUDENTS TO THE MAT
Vinyasa means to link breath with movement. In all our classes you’ll concentrate on your breath & keeping safe.
Yoga is for you. No one else. It is a nurturing, healing practice. It doesn’t matter what the pose looks like to others, to your teacher or even to yourself. How does it feel? We use the poses & our breath to get out of our heads and into our bodies. To become more present & calm.
Yoga cultivates health and well-being (physical, emotional & mental) through the regular practice of postures, movement, breathing exercises, concentration, self-inquiry, relaxation and meditation.
Physical Benefits of Yoga
- Strength & Muscle tone
- Joint Health & stability
- Better Breathing
- Postural Alignment
Mental Benefits of Yoga
- Mental Calmness
- Stress Reduction
- Body Awareness
Things to know for your first yoga class
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before class to register and settle in
- Please note that once the teacher has closed the door and the class has begun late arrivals are not granted entry into the class
- Please leave your shoes, bags and keys in the storage cubes or change room
- Wear light-weight non-constricting clothing & bare feet for class
- Please make sure that your cell phone is turned off or silenced. No phones permitted in the studio
Which class should I choose?
If you are brand new to yoga, any of our slow yoga classes would be a great option – either Vinyasa, Yin or Restorative.
What do I need for class?
- Yoga mat – Mat hire is included in our Intro Offer & casual class rate.
- Water – we offer a filtered water cooler so bring your drink bottle
- A smile and open mind
- On site shower, toilet and change room
- Mat & Towel Rental
- Filtered water
- Carparks – there are 13 spaces behind the building facing New World. Please don’t park in other businesses’ parks as you could be clamped or towed. There are plenty of parks on Hull Road including a green space, plus the parks at the Mount Sports Centre. Thanks so much!
NEW STUDENTS TO THE AERIAL HAMMOCK
First things first, we want to give you a big high five for saying yes! Congratulations on taking the first step towards improved health and wellness – we can’t wait to see you in the HOY studio! Here’s some info ahead of your first aerial class with us.
If you’re arriving by car, there is parking out the back next to our studio marked with Yoga on each carpark. There are 13 spaces behind the building facing New World. Please don’t park in other businesses’ parks as you could be clamped or towed. There are plenty of parks on Hull Road including a green space, plus the parks at the Mount Sports Centre. Thanks so much!
When you first walk in, one of our wonderful team members will greet you, show you around and help get you set up for the class.
The essence of the AGF Aerial is accessibility to every one. However if you are new to inversions you may experience some strong sensations or light headedness. This is a normal adjustment period as your body adapts to rapid circulatory shifts and can be assisted by arriving rested, hydrated and refuelled. We recommend that you do have a sustaining meal, however eat 1hrs before the class (leave time for digestion) and go easy on the coffee!
Because you’ll be inverted in certain poses, we recommend wearing close fitting workout attire. Gear wise, you don’t need to bring anything, but we do request that you WEAR A TEESHIRT with a sleeve, for comfort and hygiene.
One more thing – please don’t wear clothing with zips, sequins or hooks, as they can damage the hammocks. If you are looking to invest in some new workout clothing, we do have awesome attire in our retail shop.
If you have any of the following conditions, please let your instructor know BEFORE class:
– Heart abnormalities
– Recent surgery
– A history of glaucoma in the family
– Botox treatment within 6 hours of attending class
After class, your instructor will check in with you to see how you enjoyed your first class and help get you scheduled in for your next class. Over the next few days we will be sending through some further information.
We encourage you to join our Facebook page for all the latest news, events and trainings on offer – https://www.facebook.com/houseofyoganz
That’s all from us for now – we can’t wait to meet you in person!
If you have any questions that we haven’t answered here, just email email@example.com, or call us at 07 572 4994 and we’ll be happy to help.
We cant wait to hang out soon!